Adobe Creative Suite 3 comes with a bunch of its different applications. You can use its application for completing different tasks. If you want to use all the features of Adobe program then you need to make sure that it remains updated. Although, regular updates and its pop-up notifications can be little frustrating sometimes. It can delay your task. Thus, Adobe allows you to turn off or disable the automatic check for updates when you start an Adobe creative suite 3 product. You can change the Adobe updater preference by following the given instructions or by taking help from software professionals on Adobe Customer Care Number.
If you have the internet connection, then follow the given steps:
• Start the AdobeUpdater.exe application which you can find mostly in C drive at Program Files\Common Files\Updater 5
• Now when the Update screen opens, click on the Preference button.
• Then you need to uncheck the checkbox of Automatically Check for updates and finally click the OK button.
If you don’t have internet connection, then you need to manually edit the preference:
• Start the AdobeUpdater.exe application in a similar manner as explained above.
• You will see Adobe updater window stating that there is no internet connection, simply click the Cancel button.
• Navigate to:
o Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Updater5
o Vista: .\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Updater5
o Notepad: open AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat
• In case, you see
• Then don’t forget to close and save the AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat file.
Disable Automatic Update on Mac Device
If your computer has the internet connection, then go for the following instructions:
• Start the Adobe Updater application and then from the update screen, click on Preference link.
• Then remove the tick from the checkbox of Automatically Check for Updates.
Although, if your system doesn’t have an internet connection, then follow the directions given below:
• Start the Adobe Updater application, this will open Updater dialog box.
• The updater dialog box will state that you don’t have an internet connection, click Cancel.
• Now you need to navigate to "/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Updater5/".
• Then open the AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat file in TextEdit.
• In case, you see
• Lastly, close and save the AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat file.
You have full right to take help from software engineers to complete this process on your behalf and you can easily get in touch with them at Adobe Contact Support Number. This is a US based helpline and you can call on this number 24/7.
Disclaimer: We are third party technical service providers offering support for all issues related to Web Browsers, Emails, Laptops, Desktop Computers, Anti-Virus, Printers and System Software Like Windows, Adobe etc. at our toll free support number. We provide these services through our well trained experts and technicians and all the technicians are certified by leading technology companies.